Wednesday 30 November 2011

Victoria sponge for Sandra

Instead of the usual batch of birthday cupcakes,
I decided to make a Victoria sponge for Sandra.


I used a Mary Berry recipe and filled it with vanilla buttercream and
strawberry jam, before dousing it with icing sugar.


It weighed about a ton, and had to be carefully airlifted into a tin
using folded sheets of baking paper.


Sandra delicately hacked into it without taking it out of the tin.


Here's Ruth M-J tucking into a slice.

And here's Sandra taking a trademark small bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a fashion writer/baking enthusiast based in North London.

I'm particularly keen on icing and decoration as I love painstakingly laborious tasks, but the cakes taste great too.

Should you wish to get in touch re a commission, please do!

Email: alicethebaker@hotmail.co.uk

Followers