Wednesday 24 February 2010

The devil eats food cake: Arthur's birthday

Arthur is a big chocolate fan, so a rich devil's food cake was
the perfect choice for her birthday...

You have to cook a huge chocolate cake, whose 'secret' ingredient
is chocolate custard, then leave it to cool... before cutting into
layers. Next, mix up a huge batch of chocolate icing and then
cement it all together...


I wasn't sure if that was quite enough chocolate, so I added
some dark chocolate shavings for good measure.


The cake weighed about 4 stone, but I managed to transport it into
the office intact before it was attacked with Sandra's scary knife.

Most importantly, it went down very well with cake face.

1 comment:

  1. you have just given me the biggest craving for chocolate right now haha

    the cake looks soo yummy :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a fashion writer/baking enthusiast based in North London.

I'm particularly keen on icing and decoration as I love painstakingly laborious tasks, but the cakes taste great too.

Should you wish to get in touch re a commission, please do!

Email: alicethebaker@hotmail.co.uk

Followers